Section Code: 0295 - 0300
OFFENCE AGAINST LIFE AND BODY
Chapter 2: Offence Against Body
Section 295. Bodily Injury
Whoever, causes injury to the other person in body or mind is said to commit bodily harm, and shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years or fined not exceeding four thousand Baht, or both.
Section 296. Special Cases of Bodily Injury
Whoever, committing bodily harm, if such offence having any circumstance as prescribed by Section 289, shall be imprisoned not more of three years or fined not more of six thousand Baht, or both.
Section 297. Grievous Bodily Harm
Whoever, commits bodily harm, and thereby causing the victim to receive grievous bodily harm, shall be punished with imprisonment of six months to ten years. Grievous bodily harms are as follows:
- Deprivation of the sight,
- Deprivation of the hearing,
- Cutting of the tongue or loss of the sense of smell;
- Loss of genital organs or reproductive ability;
- Loss of an arm, leg, hand, foot, finger or any other organ;
- Permanent disfiguration of face;
- Permanent insanity;
- Infirmity or chronic illness which may last throughout life;
- Infirmity or illness causing the sufferer to be in severe bodily pain for over twenty days or to be unable to follow the ordinary pursuits for over twenty days.
Section 298. Punishment for Grievous Bodily Harm
Whoever, committing the offence under Section 297 under any circumstance as prescribed by Section 289, shall be imprisoned as from two years to ten years.
Section 299. Mob Punishment for Grievous Bodily Harm
Whenever, grievous bodily harm is caused to any person in an affray in which three persons upwards are engaged, whether such person be a participant in such affray or not, the participants in such affray shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or fined not exceeding two thousand Baht, or both.
If the participant in such affray can show that he has acted in order to prevent such affray or in lawful defense, he shall not be punished.
Section 300. Bodily Harm as a Result of Negligence
Whoever, committing the act by negligence and such act to cause the grievous bodily harm to the other person, shall be imprisoned three years or fined not more of six thousand Baht, or both.