Section Code: 0288 - 0294
OFFENCE AGAINST LIFE AND BODY
Chapter 1: Offence Causing Death
Section 288. Murder
Whoever, murdering the other person, shall be imprisoned by death or imprisoned as from fifteen years to twenty years.
Section 289. Death Penalty
Whoever commits murder on:
- An ascendant;
- An official in the exercise of his functions, or by reason of exercising or having exercised his functions;
- A person who assists an official in the exercise of his functions, or by reason of the fact that such person will assist or has assisted the said official;
- The other person by premeditation;
- The other person by employing torture or acts of cruelty;
- The other person for the purpose of preparing or facilitating the commission of the other offence; or
- The other person for the purpose of securing the benefit obtained through the other offence, or
- Concealing the other offence or escaping punishment for the other offence committed by him,
Shall be punished with death.
Section 290. Manslaughter
Whoever, causes death to the other person by inflicting injury upon the body of such person without intent to cause death, shall be punished with imprisonment of three to fifteen years.
If the offence being committed under any of the circumstances mentioned in Section 289, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment of three to twenty years.
Section 291. Negligence
Whoever, doing the act by negligence and that act causing the other person to death, shall be imprisoned not more of ten years or fined not more of twenty thousand Baht.
Section 292. Cruelty
Whoever, practicing the cruelty or employing the similar factor on the person to have depended on him for subsistence or any other activities so as to that person shall commit the suicide, if suicide to have occurred or to have been attempted, shall be imprisoned not more seven years and fined not more of fourteen thousand Baht.
Section 293. Aiding a Suicide
Whoever aids or instigates a child not over sixteen years of age, or a person who is unable to understand the nature and importance of his act or who is unable to control his act, to commit suicide, shall, if suicide has occurred or has been attempted, be punished with imprisonment not exceeding five years or fined not exceeding ten thousand Baht, or both.
Section 294. Death as a Result of Mob Activity
Whoever participates in a public order offense among three persons upwards, and any person, whether such person participated or not has died, shall be imprisoned not more of two years or fined not more of four thousand Baht, or both.
If the participant in such affray can show that he or she has acted so as to prevent such affray or in lawful defense, such participant shall not be punished.