Section Code: 0001 - 0005
Immigration Act, B.E. 2522
BHUMIBOL ADULYADEJ, REX.
Given on this 24th of February B.E. 2522
Being the 34th year of the Present Reign.
This Act shall be called the "Immigration Act, B.E. 2522"
This Act shall be enforced after the lose of ninety days from the date of its publication in the Government Gazette.
- B.E. 2493 (1950)
- B.E. 2497 (1954 - No. 2) shall be repealed in lieu all others laws, regulations, or rules witch are provided for in this act or contradictory hereto or inconsistent herewith, the provision of this Act shall be applied.
In this Act:
- "Alien" means any person who is not of Thai nationality under the nationality Act.
- "Conveyance" means any vehicle or beast of burden or any other object(s) which may be used in conveying persons from one place to another.
- "Owner of Conveyance " includes an agent of the owner, a person renting, an agent if the person renting, possessor, or an agent of the possessor of the conveyance, as the case may be.
- "Person in charge of conveyance" means the master of the vessel or person responsible for the control of the conveyance.
- "Crew of conveyance" means the person who has a function, duty, or work in the conveyance, and in the interest of this Act, it includes the person in charge of conveyance driving the conveyance without a crew.
- "passenger" means any person other than the person in charge, or the crew of conveyance.
- "Immigrant" means any alien who enters the Kingdom.
- "Immigration Doctor" means any doctor appointed by the Director General to carry out the provisions of this Act.
- "House Master" means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house, whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever, in accordance with the law on people act.
- "Dwelling Place" means any place used for habitation such as a house shed, boat or floating house which human beings inhabit .It also includes the precinct of the place used for habitation, whether it be enclosed or not, in accordance with the Panel Code.
- "Hotel" means any place built for remuneration for travelers or persons who wish to look for a place to stay or rest for a period of time, in accordance with the law on the hotels.
- "Commission" means The Immigration Commission.
- "Competent Official" means any officer appointed by the Minister to carry out a function in conformity with this Act.
- "Director" means Director General of the Police Department.
- "Minister" means the Minister in charge of this Act.
The Minister of Interior shall be in charge and have control for the executive of this Act and shall have power to appoint competent officials, and Issue Minister Regulations ; to fix fees and other expense not exceeding rates annexed to this Act and to fix other activities for the execution of this Act.
Such Ministerial Regulations shall become effective after having been published in the government Gazette.