Section Code: 0006 - 0010
Immigration Act, B.E. 2522
Chapter 1: Immigration Commission
Chapter 1: Immigration Commission
The immigration Commission will consist of the Under Secretary of the Minister of Interior as Chairman and the following members:
- Under Secretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Director general, Police Department
- Director General, labor Department
- Director General, public Prosecution Department
- Secretary General, Board of Investment Committee
- Secretary General, National Security Council
- Director, Tourist Organization of Thailand
- Commander of Immigration Division as member and secretary
The Immigration Commission shall have power and duty to:
- Revoke permission for temporary stay in the Kingdom under Section 36 paragraph 1.
- Consider and appeal under Section 36 paragraph 2.
- Permit aliens to enter into and assume residence in the Kingdom under Section 41 paragraph 1
- Fix qualifications of any aliens asking to take up residence in the Kingdom ;and to fix conditions pertaining to the national security ; and to fix other conditions under Section 41 paragraph 2.
- Fix Regulations for residence applications of aliens temporarily entering into the Kingdom under section 41 paragraph 4.
- Permit aliens to enter into and take up residence on the Kingdom under Section 43 paragraph 1 and to fix regulations for display of the aliens financial status under Section 43 paragraph 2.
- Permit the aliens, who is authorized to stay in the Kingdom temporarily, to take up residence; and to permit and fix conditions in rendering permission to the alien who has applied for taking up residence in the Kingdom to remain in the Kingdom for the tome being under Section 45 paragraph 1 and 2.
- Give order to revoke permission for taking up residence in the Kingdom under Section 47 paragraph 3.
- Permit aliens, who have a residence in the kingdom, to continue that residence in the Kingdom under Section 51 paragraph 1.
- Consider revocation of a residence permit under permit under Section 53.
- Give advice, suggestions and view to the Minister on establishing standard operating procedures for local official and for other officials, regarding national security, as well as issuance of Ministerial Regulations under this Act.
- Consider and give opinions on immigration matters as assigned by the cabinet or by the Minister.
In the performance of duty of the Immigration Commission under this Act, the Committee member who is also the security shall, without delay, submit matters under committee jurisdiction to the chairman of the Committee ; his duty, he (the committee member who is also the secretary) shall without delay, submit them to the committee member who is appointed by the committee. The chairman of the committee or the committee member so appointed shall call for a meeting in accordance with the urgency of the matter and in accordance with the rules and regulations fix by the committee.
In the meeting of the Commission, if the Chairman does not attend the meeting or is not in the meeting of the members of the meeting shall select one member to preside over the Meeting.
The quorum of any meeting will consist of no less than half of all members.
Decisions of the meeting will be decided by a majority vote. One member has one vote. If the voting score is equal, the Chairman of the meeting shall make the deciding vote.
The Immigration commission may appoint sub–committees or may empower any Competent Official to carry out any assigned function.The provision of Section 8 shall be applied mutatis mutandis for the meeting of the sub-committee.
In the performance of duties under this Act, the commission shall have power to issue written orders asking persons concerned to give facts or to present documents pertaining to meters under the power and duty of the Immigration Commission.